Après Whirlwind (2017) et Temple of Maia (EP), Halehan est de retour avec un nouveau single intitulé ‘Kind of Blue’.
Clin d’oeil à Miles Davis et autres de ses héros mélancoliques ayant bercé son enfance, ce titre marque un départ symbolique du ‘bleu’ confortable de sa jeunesse vers un avenir incertain. Par ses paroles, son chant et ses arrangements d’autant plus électroniques, Halehan insiste à oser changer.
Nouveau style, nouvelle vision; transition créative; les fans seront peut-être surpris... Kind of Blue est la première d’une nouvelle série de morceaux ; celle-ci inspirée entre autres par Anderson Paak, Childish Gambino et Portishead.
By the end of the eighties, New Beat was born as a real new musical style here in Belgium and in the rest of Europe. At this time, I felt a real passion for these underground parties with few lights, huge sound systems (SARTEC woofers were on top those days) which would always take place in parking lots or old empty factories...
I met in the summer of 1992 David Dantinne (r.i.p mate) who had begun to animate some parties in the Namur suburbs and he showed me the way. One year later, with the help of Dimitri Brandt, Dominique Henrion (both were schoolmates) and Axel Van Weynendaele, we built "Carpe Noctem" and for 2 years we made our first steps in djing.... Due to life events, we split up.
I was the only one who continued and after a short break, I have been contacted in 1996 by Thomas Pierson from at the time best "mobile" in our region, the legendary "Zéro de Conduite". We were a group of 5 (Javier Gonzalez, Nicolas & Thomas Pierson, Nicolas Hughes Dessambre) and I can say that it's to the contact of these party boys that I really progressed, technically as well as humanly.
Since 2001, more and more friends from the north part of Belgium (for the ones who don't know, there are 3 communities in Belgium who respectively speak Dutch, French and German) called me "Stefke van Namen" (In Dutch, it means: Stefke from Namur), and after a short reflection I thought why not ? There is already a "Jack de Marseille" and "Dimitri from Paris". ;-)
Specialty : djing during after-parties of rock gigs (Verdur Rock, Bear Rock, Belvédère and so on..). Fan of pop_rock & ska music. I have been invited in 2005 to the famous "StErPuT" parties in Brussels and I brought that concept back to Namur under the name of "Vinyle Vintage", actually "I Love Rock n' Roll". Use to play from time to time with my great mate OGM (aka Yvan Dassy) under the name: "Saturday Bambinos". Roll On!!
Places & parties i've played in with great pleasure :
- Namur : discos « le Flagrant Délire » & « la Brique Rouge », Petit Bitu, Brasserie Henry , la Cuve à Bière , l’Arc en ciel, Château Bayard (Dhuy), parties : « Vache Folle » , « Cocoon », « Walliforniennes » (Achêne - Studio 411), « Coquelicots », « Feed Your Bitch », « Vendredi Eclectik », "Rock da Pop".
- Liège : Caves de Cornillon, Modave, Bougna (Otteppe).
- Brussels : Botanique, la Bodega, Glaçières de St Gilles, au Ryad, Destiny’s…
- elsewhere in Belgium : Bredene, Knokke, Bruges, Eupen, Florenville.
- abroad : Al Hoceima (Club Med, Marocco), Madrid (Spain), Firenze (Italy), Perla del Golfo (Sicily), Bretagne/Provence (France), Montréal (Canada), Koh Rong Samloen, Saracen Bay (Cambodia).